Monday, November 30, 2009

"We're in the Nazi killin' business and cousin, business is a-boomin'."

I saw Inglorious Basterds a while back (long time ago) with Poppy, and I loved it!
Sure, the movie was two and a half hours long and almost all in German and French, but it ROCKED!
Tarantino does not disappoint!
It wasn't as good as the Kill Bills or and didn't reach the memorable caliber as Pulp Fiction and Res. Dogs, but by GOLLY it was good!
It was very Tarantino-y, but it was also cinematic.
Very movie-like.
Authentic...ish.
Definitely one I want to add to my enormous movie collection.
Plus, it fed my monster of a deep interest in WWII.
And experiencing the French and German languages for that 2.5 hours opened a whole new world for me.
Languages are cool!
Now, I really want to speak French and German!
It was really cool to see Brad Pitt in a Tarantino.
What was even cooler to see was Tarantino's alternate ending to WWII.
Not to mention see that SOB Hitler get shot a couple hundred times then blown up.
So, overall kinda good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment